Thursday, March 8, 2012







Long before blogs and digital downloads, my musical world was dominated by Elton John albums. Elton was my first rock and roll hero. When I decided to start my own album collection, my first purchase was Honky Chateau. In 1974, I went to my first concert at The Spectrum in Philadelphia (Kiki Dee opened for Elton!). Elton John was larger than life to me at that point and he dominated the music scene for a good slice of the 70's. I went to see the movie, Tommy, in 1975 just to see Elton as the Pinball Wizard (the rest of the movie blew my young mind!).

Elton John's music has been a vital part of the soundtrack of my life for over 40 years .Me and my wife danced to Your Song at our wedding in 1984. I sang along with my daughters to the songs from  The Lion King and I had the honor of see Elton live in concert with both of my daughters as they became young adults.
Reginald Kenneth Dwight ...   Thank you for the music!



 

1 comment:

  1. What no Empty Sky?.....this blog needs more cowbell....

    ReplyDelete