Label the unlabeled CD
I obsessively make mix CD’s..more than I could ever listen to in one lifetime. I have a bad habit of not labeling the contents of most of my mix CD’s, at best, I usually mark the month and year that I burned the disc. Then the CD eventually lands in my closet with a thousand or more friends.
One of my favorite musical thrills is to grab a random unlabeled CD and try to label it..months or years after I first burned the disc. It is a journey that is sometimes filled with confusion (WT* is this?), but mostly it is a magical journey of rediscovery. As part of my daily routine, I attempt to identify a few songs on a random, unlabeled mix CD as I get ready for work. Some mornings, things work out and just the right song can put a smile on my face as I head out to face the evils of the workplace..
Happy New Year. Well lets get 2013 started with some classic 60's pop. Some raw and rocking garage-band sounds from The Sir Douglas Quintet- She's About a Mover. You gotta love that organ! Doug Sahm and the boys deliver some timeless riffs.
A few years ago, I saw The Black Crowes do a cover version of another Doug Sahm tune, Stoned Faces Don't Lie...When Your High. A very cool song title...check it out
Happy New Year. Well lets get 2013 started with some classic 60's pop. Some raw and rocking garage-band sounds from The Sir Douglas Quintet- She's About a Mover. You gotta love that organ! Doug Sahm and the boys deliver some timeless riffs.

No comments:
Post a Comment