Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Traynor Mix 2003 ....That is how the CD was labeled that I grabbed from my massive pile of burned-CD's. Ten years have passed since I burned this mix-CD....

The decade of advances in technology has been off-the-charts crazy amazing!... Back in 2003, phones were for talking as compared to the current smart phones with Internet access, cameras, GPS devices,games, music,movies,etc... and the possibilities seem limitless.

Back in 2003, my mind was blown by the concept of digital downloads and the ability to make my own CD's. The mix CD was one of the coolest developments delivered by CD-burners. Tracks from various CD's could be ripped, compiled and burned into the perfect mix of  unique songs, atmosphere and themes. Making a mix-CD for a friend was a deeply personal mission. To many, the CD is a relic from the dinosaur age but not all change is progress. With the constant stream of high-tech devices, it is easy to lose sight of cool concepts from a simpler time. It seems insane that the CD is already outdated but I will continue to treasure the old artifacts:  mix-CD's, vinyl records,cassettes,film, etc.etc.

Here are a few videos of tunes from that 2003 mix CD. Sounds like I was going for that early root-rock vibe.






No comments:

Post a Comment